As many of you know we make our own treats here so over the last 6 months i have been comparing the difference between our own made Beef Trip Treats and the Shop bought variety which is available from most good pet stores. After having half of my dogs on each variety the results were so overwhelming that the shop bought Tripe quite frankly was a complete waste of money.
The way i conducted this was to observe my dogs reactions when offering the treats, the way they eat them and how often they would eat them. What i found was:
- Our own Tripe last 3 times longer than the shop bought.
- My dogs would happily eat them all day but would only want 1 of the shop bought.
- We only use the clean parts of the Tripe and not the parts laden with fat like most of the shop bought.
- Because the shop Tripe contains every part of the Tripe sack manufacturers have to extend drying times which ultimately takes out all the goodness.
- Shop tripe breaks up too easily due to over drying so takes away the chewing enjoyment our dogs like.
I thought i would share this with you as those who may have tried our Tripe will know the benefits and of course the difference in price....